Shortlisted for Six Golden Apple Awards
We are proud to announce that several staff, students and programmes of the Energy Coast UTC have been shortlisted as finalists for the Golden Apple Awards.
The Golden Apple Awards are a prestigious set of awards honouring Educators and Learners throughout Cumbria for their dedication and hard work in the previous year. The awards are judged by a panel from the education and buisness sector and have been reported as saying that there were many worthy candidates among the nominations.
Golden Apple Awards 2017
The First Finalist is Jacob Leach, a finalist for The Best Student Award.
This award will recognise an individual pupil, student or learner of any age who can demonstrate:
• a commitment to their own personal or professional development through academic, practical or vocational learning or in areas such as sport or the arts
• they must show improving their skills or qualification has made a real difference to their life
Our Next Finalist is Kerryann Wilson, a finalist for the Best Teaching Professional Award. Find Out More About Her Here
This award is for a teacher, lecturer, trainer or tutor who:
• inspires, engages and raises the aspirations of students
• makes an exceptional contribution to the life of their school, college, training setting or university
Next we have Jo Burleigh, a finalist for the Best Support Staff Award.
This is an award for an individual or team of vital “backroom” staff in any setting which delivers education or training.
It must be shown how:
• they always give exceptional service
• they make a real difference to their establishment through their work
Another Finalist is Cherry Tingle, a Finalist for the Best Education and Learning Leader.
This award will recognise the leader of an education establishment or training provider. Judges will be looking for someone:
• with exceptional and inspirational leadership qualities
• who has had a significant impact or driven improvements over the academic year
Our Platinum Partners, Morgan Sindall are finalists with the Energy Coast UTC for The Renewable Energy Project, a finalist in the Best Industry Engagement Initiative.
This award is for a school or training provider which forges relationships with employers and industry to ensure its students are ready for the world of work. Nominations must show:
• how educators and business leaders work together to provide opportunities for young people or students
• the range of “work ready” hard and soft skills being developed
• how they help youngsters secure education, employment and training opportunities
And Last but not Least, is the Energy Coast UTC itself, a finalist for the Best Secondary School Award. Find Out More About Us Here
This award will go to an exceptional secondary school which stands out from the rest and demonstrates:
• High standards, significant improvements or strong performance over the academic year
• Creativity and innovation which help children aspire and achieve
Over the upcoming weeks, we will be turning the spotlight onto each of our fantastic finalists and going in depth as to what makes them so great!